Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, Dogs from WET PAINT Sketch-a-thon!

Whew!  It's been a busy weekend!  Thanks everyone who came to the 30 Dogs in 30 Days opening on Saturday night, and I do apologize for the abrupt time change!  The dogs will be hanging until the end of August, after which I will be getting the paintings to their new owners.  Stay tuned if you are one of the lucky ones!  And I also wanted to mention that I will be sending a generous donation to the Minneapolis Animal Control as a part of this project, so thank you all you art collectors!

Now, the other thing I did this weekend was to sit outside at Wet Paint for Paws on Grand yesterday and paint for three hours straight with four other artists.  It is a bit arduous and can be really exhausting, but I still find that as soon as a new dog sits in front of me, ready to be petted and painted, I am immediately ready to go and the time does fly by!  We artists don't get paid for this, it is an act of love and practice for us, and the sitters are expected to make a donation though I have to admit I don't know how much, and I am not sure what the charity was this year either!  But I was told we made a great deal last year-  not sure what that would be.  It does sometimes nag at me however, when I think about art and value, and I know these are "just" ten minute sketches, but I do hope the finished pieces are valued despite the fact that they are "free"... you know what I mean?

These are all acrylic on black paper, done in about 10 minutes each-  sitting outside, under a tent~










No comments: