Sunday, July 12, 2015

7/12 Meronym!

Alright!  We were supposed to have a date at Psycho Suzie's to paint Meronym, so I could meet her and her owners in person, but too many other things got in the way so I painted Meronym here at home by myself (with two six year old boys and all their pokeman cards, but do they count?)  and I am pleased with her smile!  What a light of a face!
Here is what Meronym's "Aunt" says of her~
She is named after my sister’s favorite character in the book Cloud Atlas. She shares the house with two other kitties Katsu and Tali.  She is a Collie and German Shepard mix and is simultaneously the most rambunctious, yet well behaved dog I have ever met. Every time I come over to my sister and my brother-in-law's house to visit we have to let her outside so she can run around and pee because she is so exited to see me. I think of her as my niece because Meronym is a great source of happiness and light in their life.
10x10 acrylic on hardboard panel, sold

No comments: