Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2, Scenes from NY

I've been on a bit of a mental break the last few days-  without really intending to, though I appear to have needed it badly!  You know how sometimes you keep saying YES to everything and then you get overwhelmed and freaked out and can't find a peaceful space to sit with yourself and it feels like you aren't working towards anything as much as trying to tie things together so they'll stay fixed...  it's been a  bit like that.  Probably my biggest issue is my setting my own goals, which is a good thing, but I can be a terrible taskmaster to myself.
SO
Max and I went to the Mn Zoo yesterday and I got some great shots of the snow leopard and tried painting one last night with little luck.  I want to have some more wild cats for the 30 Cats in 30 days Opening Party next Friday night (6 to 8pm at Diamond's!  1618 Central Ave NE!  Come see me! Support my insanity!) and was hoping to get some painted.  We'll see if I can get anything done tonight after the boyo is abed-  last night the storms were too distracting-
SO what I have for you are a few small paintings I did in New York in our Brooklyn Garden Level apartment~  I think they'll end up in the Art4Shelter Show at the Burnet Gallery at the Chambers Hotel, May 6th!  You should come to that too!  Or submit art to it!  E-mail me if you want to know more!
5x7 on paper, "Brooklyn Bridge and the Water Taxi" available at Art4Shelter, May 6th!  $30 bid!

No comments: