Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 5, Ella

Ah~  again, a gorgeous photo... I keep thinking maybe I should post the photo I paint from too...
And I'll also make a video of me painting this weekend, when I'm able to set everything up for a bit... probably Sunday...

So this is Ella, an incredibly angelic looking kitten, with a beautifully written story by her loving Tim~

On February 27, 2015, we said goodbye to Ella, my belle.
She was near 20 years old and had soldiered through some serious physical infirmities in her last six months, her considerable dignity intact.

Ella and I experienced love at first sight at Golden Valley Humane Society on April 25, 1998. We saw each other, she spoke to me, and I knew it would be a waste of time to look at any other cats.We brought her home and she revealed herself to be beautiful, graceful, intelligent, curious, and loyal to a fault. (She shadowed me constantly.)

She was a very sociable kitty who met guests at the door and mingled at parties. She was also very talkative, greeting us with a quiet meow, and conversing when we spoke to her.

Ella was obsessed with being brushed and was always getting someones attention, then showing them where the brush was located. If they declined to brush her, she would hold the brush in her front paws and groom her own face with it.

She loved lounging on the screen porch or lying under the birch tree with us. In winter, you could find her near a heat duct or by the fireplace. 
Ella had a big personality and was a very important part of our family.
We will miss her dearly and believe that she is resting very comfortably in an eternal sunbeam on God's screen porch.

8x8 acrylic on panel SOLD

No comments: