Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, Peter~

I've always liked the name Peter.  Seems a sensible, calm, no-nonsense kind of name.  Perfect for an elderly black farm cat in a basket, right?

This is what Peter's owner, Tina, has to relate about him!

* Peter was the first animal on my farm and came as a very tiny kitten. He will be 16 years old in April. So far he has out lasted all the sheep, chickens and two of the dogs. He may be the last animal on my farm as I am down sizing.

* Peter went quickly through his nine lives in his youth. This must of smartened him up or he has more than nine lives.

* Peter is a great mouser even though he is a male cat. Fortunately he has not shown an interest in birds.

* This past winter, for some strange reason, Peter has decided I should get up at 3:15 AM. He will bang on the shut bedroom door and meows insistently until either I get up or I loudly tell him to go away. At this point, he goes back to his bed and goes to sleep. Why I ask oh why.

8x8 acrylic on wood, available for purchase here for $160~

No comments: