Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 11, Glow!

Okay, this cat was submitted by my friend, Kat, and I know she had a hard time getting a good photo of Glow, you'll understand why when you read her story, and I have to admit I had a difficult time because the photo was so pixilated, but I am happy with the colors and tones, especially the greeny greys of the floor!
This is my kitty, Glow. She has a very long story to tell, but I'll brief. She was/is a feral cat, born under our neighbor's shed. We fell in love with her but, being feral, could never get close to her before she bounded off. Still, my children named her and we put food out for her, and delighted in watching her play and grow. Then, one day, the Animal Shelter came to our neighborhood and captured all the feral cats, including Glow, and took them away. We were devastated. She was in the pound, and it would take over $300 for us to get her out (shots, spaying, fees, etc.). So the kids set to work and had a lemonade stand, a garage sale, and hit up various relatives and friends for the "Save Glow" fund. They raised half, we put in the rest, and brought Glow home shortly after! Fast forward to today, and she is still a dedicated outdoor cat, but will come inside now and then to warm up and cuddle in my lap for a bit. 

8x8 acrylic on panel, available for purchase HERE at $160!

No comments: