Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 12, "36th to Lake Calhoun, Winter"

So I've included two versions of this one too, the first one seeming to read a little warmer to me.  What do you think?  I like that there's a warmer feel to the trees on the right side, and maybe a bit more pink in the clouds...
This is the view just as you come past Lakewood Cemetery in Uptown and you sweep down the hill to see Lake Calhoun.  I often wonder what it felt like to see this on horseback two hundred years ago, when Lake Street was a dirt path from the river to the lake, and the local natives came to spend summers on this lake... though their name for it in Dakota  was"Mde Maka Ska", which meant White Earth Lake.



Well, now that I see them together, I like them both!  Darn lighting changes everything...
This one is another auction!

6x6 acrylic on panel, click HERE to bid starting at $25!

No comments: