Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday, Oct 11, "October Apple"

Yes, I know it doesn't start with O either...  guess I'm kinda a fail on this month of O things... but it IS a nice apple, isn't it? I had my painting class this morning, we worked on 10 minute paintings and everyone painted their fruit so well (and onions!) that I wanted to do some too, so after class I came home and painted this apple, that Max is now eating...  It is fun how you are always learning something new!  After class we were talking about the similarity between yoga and painting, as in when you do yoga, you distract your mind by making it fully aware of your body and where you are in space so your monkey brain can't think about the million things it thinks it MUST think of!  And when you are painting (especially a timed painting where you are pushing yourself to do something quickly) you have to use all your seeing abilities to pay attention to what you are looking at, which can sometimes be something other than what you THINK you are seeing!!!  I love learning new things~  especially with my students!
6x6 acrylic on panel, Click here to bid or buy!  $35 bid, $65 buy!

No comments: