Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oct 28, "Max and Duane at the Minnesota River Valley"

So, I am not sure this one is finished yet, and I have some issues with it.  I started it on Saturday during my Painting Lessons as a transfer of a photo to an 8x10 panel.  What I like about it is that I feel I learned more about my mistranslations when drawing from a photo, as my instinct was to make the light areas much larger than they actually were, and the dark areas smaller.  Isn't that weird?  But at the same time it makes sense to me...  because light does expand and dark diminishes.  And I do think using the transfer helped me get Max's face sorta... though I still am not happy with that~  it feels rather pointillisitc as well.~
Hmmm....  people-  such a problem...
8x10 acrylic on panel, NFS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel like your paintings have a "paint by numbers" feel to them, and I say that in the most complimentary way possible. Beautiful work!