Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, Demo Cup~

Actually, I called this one "Dan's Coffee Cup" because I think it belonged to the King Of England and that my friend Ellen brought it along to me after he died, and at least for me it means a lot more than a coffee cup, even if it isn't one that he owned... because I associate it with him.  You know how that goes, right?  We instill a significance into an object, sometimes because of the previous owner, and maybe sometime later you talk to that person about that object and how much it meant to you and sometimes they really don't remember the object at all.  It's kinda like being a teacher too, when a student from your past comes up and says that one thing you said or did affected them somehow, and you kinda don't remember it but you do know that people pay attention at the least opportune moments.  This is why I try not to pick my nose while driving my art car...
I'll put this one on auction and see what happens!  I forgot my phone cord this morn so can't show you the paintings I did this weekend at the Blessing of the Animals... I forgot to take pictures of a bunch of them too, darn it!  I'll post those tomorrow!

6x6 acrylic on panel, auction starts at $35, or buy it now for $65!

No comments: