Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 22, Teddy Fluff

I have been really pushing myself these past couple days... being in Grand Marais seems to do that.  I want to figure out how to paint people, and I want to push myself to become a better painter, and I know it comes down to practice and experimenting and being willing to be a newbie at something.  You can never know it all.  Anyone who says they're an expert is lying.  You can be extremely knowledgeable about something and even have a degree (or a PHD) in it but it is impossible to know everything about it especially in a subject as personal and fraught with emotion as art.
And I like to paint dogs.  I think I know how to paint dogs.  But I have a really hard time painting my own damn dog.
Here's Teddy.
6x6 acrylic on panel, auction here, starting bids at $25~

My other really hard subject is my muse of a son.  He's just too damn adorable.  So I have to paint him.  What am I suppose to do?


I have to admit I like this one.

No comments: