Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2 more otters....

Yup.
This happens year after year up here.  I arrive, paints and brushes in hand, ready to jump in and get started, and wahoo!  Something incredible happens!  I never know just what it's gonna be-  though this year, because of Duane and Max's zoo expedition on Tuesday, I am saturated with incredible otter photos.  Though I do have to say there is an irresistibly amusing Tapir at the zoo, doing amusing things as well....  hopefully I'll have time to get to her too!
Here's a few shots of the otters so far~
 This guy has the MOST intense face!  Though I suppose being underwater and having all your orifices clenched tight against the water could add to that look....
18x18 acrylic on canvas
 This one is a larger one of tuesday's otter~  I LOVE the foreshortening of that entire chest!  I gotta say, I've been listening to Queen for most of this painting time, over and over, all the albums I have on my laptop which is quite a few.  And I am just continually more and more fascinated by the life of Freddy Mercury, and of just who he was and how his voice comes through and what the words of his songs have meant to me at different points in my life and how he still speaks to me now.  Pretty amazing.
Shoot I don't know how big this one is-  bigger than the first one!  Like twice as big!  If you are interested you can contact me and I'll find out for sure and give you a price~
And this guy is the first with some surface reflections visible~  I like that, glow and shine-  how to paint that....
More tomorrow-  maybe I can post earlier... this is tough staying up late-  I automatically wake at 6 regardless...

No comments: