Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 22, KAYLEIGH!

I think I spelled that right...
This is Kayleigh, for Jill~  She's got a pretty incredible story too~  I don't know a lot about Feline Leukemia but she's a beauty!
And as an aside, I gotta say it is trickier coming up with time to paint on this vacay than I thought...  I am really trying, folks!  Wow!  Thanks for sticking with me!

Read Kayleigh's story below!
Kayleigh was found in a sewer drain during a thunderstorm at 6 weeks of age. Someone heard her cries and was able to rescue her. That person reached out to Saved By A Whisker Rescue to help with Kayleigh. The rescue started the vet work and found that Kayleigh was FIV+. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus is a disease in cats that compromises their immune system. But contrary to what many believe, FIV+ cats can live full, healthy lives! Kayleigh is one of those cats and she has been living with me since May of 2013. She will be a year old in April! She lives with another cat and a dog and has a busy, fun life. She is currently learning to do tricks through clicker training and has her own Facebook page, where she posts to help change the stereotypes of FIV+ cats! She loves to snuggle up in bed and purr and she loves to play and be a part of all the fun here in her foster home. Kayleigh is available for adoption through Saved By A Whisker Rescue. 

Here is Kayleigh's Facebook page, where you can learn more about her and cats with FIV: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Im-Kayleigh-I-have-FIV-cest-la-vie/48361901841734

This 8x8 original acrylic painting can be purchased for just $145, click HERE!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you, it's beautiful! She looks sweet and sassy - you really captured her personality! On a side note, we are so lucky that Kay does NOT have Feline Leukemia (FeLV), rather she has FIV which carries a much better prognosis and life expectancy. Again, thank you for this beautiful painting and I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your day on vacation!

Kara C. said...

I do volunteer work for Saved By A Whisker. Thank you so much for painting Kayleigh! She is a beautiful girl and you really captured that! Thanks for highlighting her need for a furrever home- she has a long and happy life ahead of her and I can't wait to see her with her furrever family :)