Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday July 6th, 2012

Alright!  Six dogs in 6 days so far!  Wahoo!  I thought this week may be tricky with the Fourth of July and the heat and all, thank the good lord for window air conditioners and fans!  The heat does make my paints dry faster though, which can be both a great thing and a terrible thing...
This is Tasha, in her "Glamor" pose...
I really do like painting wooden floors, and painting them just a TINY bit askew... it feels like it adds more energy to the work~  and just LOOK at those eyes!!!
Dang, this is FUN!
And please DO continue commenting!  I guess I need to give something away at the end of the project and do a drawing from all the people who comment here-  that would help, ay?  Hmm, how about a t-shirt?

3 comments:

Lottie n Me said...

This painting really touches my heart. A good friend just had to say goodbye to her Shelte pup after 13 years and Tasha reminds me of her gentle spirit. What a beautiful mix of colors and that long, tapered Shelte snoot comes through, too. But those eyes...Wow!

Alison said...

Yay, shelties!!!

Mary Beth said...

You've captured Tasha's expression beautifully! As her human companion, I thank you. She is fiercely intelligent, goofy, playful, exasperating. Everything a Sheltie could be.

She came to VHS via the Minnesota Sleltie Rescue. We're grateful for this organization and the important work they do.