Monday, August 22, 2011

MONDAY! August 22~

Whew!  I DID it!  I painted a painting, despite being tired and needing to fill in my new insurance forms and all that stuff and get class lists and the underpinings of a profession in line for the new school year, and I still DID IT!!!!
And I want to go to bed now...

this is a house that I took a photo of as I was taking photos of another house for a commission, but I just couldn't resist it.  The large tree to the right had a sumptuous summer saturated green going for it, and leaned protectively over the house, dwarfing the house which is quite a bit larger than ours...

Nice for August, I think...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great painting--I'd love to see it in person! What size is it, and is it being auctioned? I'm a longtime fan of your work, ever since I saw your show at the MayDay way back when (and long before I knew you were married to Duane, one of my first art history students!). I'm happy to have found your blog so I can follow what you're making--keep up the good work!
Katherine Schaefer

kat corrigan said...

Well hi Katherine! I will have that painting at the LOLA Art Crawl this weekend, sitting in front of the Riverview Cafe~ if you are interested, you can certainly let me know and I will hold it for you- It is an unframed 8x10 for $80- I am not quite set up for the auction idea yet, but really do want to get there eventually...
Do come by if you can! I know Duane and Max will be by in the afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Kat, it would be great if you could hold it for me! I'll come by your LOLA spot on Saturday to see it (and YOU, and Duane and Max, too!). Thanks so much--
Katherine