Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26th- MOXIE! For Rob~

Rob doesn't know that I've painted this of Moxie.  Rob lives in Winona.  Rob is a very great man, and he and his wife and son and this dog Moxie were all incredibly supportive at a time when I really needed it, and when a dear friend of all of ours desperately needed it-  this is one of those paintings I've been meaning to do for a while, so thank goodness I finally made myself get to it!  Moxie is a Burmese Mountain Dog, one of the best, and I was fortunate to get to go winter camping with her once upon a time~
So thank you Rob!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kat--

I love it. Thank you. I too feel honored to have known Moxie. He was the best dog I have ever known, and I still miss him terribly.

BTW: He was a Bernese Mt. Dog. Berne is a canton in Switzerland. Burma is in Southern Asia. Not sure what mountain dogs look like in Burma. Folks who have been to Switzerland say that in the Alps, Berners are as common as Golden Retrievers in MN.

Thanks again for being such a good friend and for all of your support.

--Rob