Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25- Eddie!

At first, I was going to paint a puppy version of this sweet daschund/beagle, but after careful consideration, I was drawn to this amazing gaze.  I am so awed by the sheer intelligence, warmth, compassion, and gentle humor so often clear in a dog's eyes...

With that said, here is Eddie, in his own words!



"Hi, I’m Eddie. What’s your name? Huh? Wanna play? Huh? Huh? Did I tell you my name is Eddie? Let’s play! Ok? Ok!!

Sometimes I have other names: “Stop Barking” is one and “Oh No!” is another. I hear “What a Cutie” from strangers.

I was born the day after Christmas, the only boy in the litter. My mom is a beagle and my dad a miniature dachshund. I get my looks from my handsome dad, but there’s no mistaking my mom’s contribution! I can bark as loud as a hound dog…that’s because beagles are scent hounds and that’s what I was bred to do. The cats I live with don’t seem to like it, but it’s my job and I gotta protect the household.

The people I live with have rearranged their lives for me. I know that, but I have some issues. They want me to stop whatever I’m doing when they call me. They want me to pee on command and they want me to be quiet when I know the world wants to hear from me. What’s a dog supposed to do? I tilt my head and peer into their eyes, trying to figure it all out.

People come from far and wide to get their “Eddie fix.” I’m not sure what that means, but I love it when people come by.

Hi, my name is Eddie. Wanna play?"

No comments: