Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15~ Bitsy & Otis! Two fer One!

Bitsy
 Today I painted a pair of dogs again, and they were meant to both be in the usual square format, but I just COULDN'T crop the Boston's EARS for crying out loud, so she got painted on a rectangle...  It's my game and I can change the rules if I want to!  Speaking of changing rules, there is a shift in dogs- tomorrow I will be painting Smokey for Kelley, instead of the two Scotties for Mark, who asked for a later date because he says the dogs were out in the big backyard running around in the rain and he won't be able to get decent pictures of them til they are drier~  at least, I think that was the reason!

And here is what Krista has to say about HER lively pair of pups!

"Bitsy came to me from a friend, an old co-worker, who's sister's husband passed away, not allowing her to care for Bitsy and her two brothers anymore.  I had been thinking about fostering a Rottie, and got the call from my friend saying "I have a little girl for you if you're interested."  Of course, as a responsible parent, I immediately said yes, THEN decided I should meet her first.  It was love at first sight.  She hasn't stopped following me since.  She's my best friend, and we take care of each other.  She has many nicknames, Bitserella Psychedella, Ritzy, Farfle, Bit-Bit, and the list goes on.  She's a very happy dog.


Otis


"Otis came to my boyfriend Chris 5 years ago after he got kicked out of service dog school.  Not because he was naughty,  but because he was so independent and opinionated. =)  Before his stint in service dog school, Otis was found wandering the streets of Saint Loius and got picked up by a woman who transported him back to MPLS.  When Chris got Otis, the woman told him he had to always sleep in the bed under the covers.  And he does until this day.  I always say it's like putting a blanket over a bird cage...put a blanket over Otis and he falls right to sleep.  Otis has many nicknames too, Otiewan Kenobi, Otissima, Otis Lampinian, and so on.  He can be a challenge at times, but we love him dearly.

Otis and Bitsy have now lived together for 2 months.  They are the best of friends, and get into lots of trouble together.  They really bring a lot of personality and love into our lives.  Don't know what we'd do without them.  =)"

 I also wanted to mention that I have posted my Art Talk on my website under the "Welcome" page, if you feel inclined to read up on my background...

No comments: